Can’t get enough of those Likes on Instagram? You are not alone! One of the most Googled phrases last year when it comes to this social platform was “How to get Likes on Instagram” and it proves just how much we value that heart-shaped icon! Now, if you are celebrity, the answer to this question is as easy as posting ANY photo, at ANY time, with or without a caption. How you ever noticed that Beyoncé rarely uses captions (and definitely not hashtags) on her posts? Must be nice!
However, for the rest of us mortals, we have to work for those Likes on Instagram…or do we?The best 5 tips to get #Instagram likes in your sleep. #blogging #ladybossClick To Tweet
With everything on our plate, who has time to hustle for a few extra “double-taps”? So, for those Insta-lovers who don’t have the time or energy to work extra for those Likes, we have put together our list of 5 tips for how to get likes on Instagram in your sleep.
How to get Likes on Instagram in your sleep:
Get the right tools working for you
There are many useful tools and resources that allow you to help connect with Instagram users, and get Instagram likes…and I wanted to share just a few of them here:
- Instafollowers: Helps you to keep track of new followers, unfollowers, inactive users, and people who are not following you back
- Instagress: Promises “social media powers” to accelerate your life on Instagram for more targeted likes, comments, and follows. You can have free 3 days here.
- Archie.co: claims they grow your social media exposure with just a five-minute setup! There’s a free trial period on this link
They all have different features, and pros and cons, but all of them have one thing in common: they do the heavy lifting for you. They put on “auto-pilot” most of the liking and commenting, and also following and unfollowing. So, while you sleep, Archie.co is liking hundreds of pictures for you. And Instagress is finding users in your city, and following them. When you wake up the next day, I guarantee you… you would have more followers and likes! And all of them would be quality followers, and quality engagement. They are real people who are flattered you have liked their picture, or you have followed their profile.With Instagress, you can actually get Instagram likes in your sleep! Love it. #blogging #ladybossClick To Tweet
A word of caution here though…start very SLOWLY. See how it works for you. Make sure you pay attention to the quality of followers that are starting to come through the door.
Get smart about your hashtags
You can be wearing your most flattering dress and your highest heels, but if you don’t leave your house, nobody will ever know about it. So, if you are dressed to impress, well, then you have to find somebody to show off to!
In the world of Instagram (and Twitter as well), the hashtags are not only a way of indexing information, but also a universal discovery mechanism.
There are three kind of hashtags I would like to you to focus on first:
- Broad Reach Hashtags: The broad reach hashtags are going to be the ones registering millions of posts in the category you are interested in attracting. For a list of the top 100 Instagram hashtags at any given time, go to Websta Top 100, where you can see the overall trends, and pick the relevant for you. It’s funny to see that #love, #instagood and #photooftheday continue to be top ranking year after year…but that doesn’t mean you should include them. You might want to go a little bit narrower, in order to have less competition.
- Niche Hashtags: If we use broad reach hashtags to get to the broadest possible audience, we also use niche hashtags, to be able to talk to fewer people…who might be a lot more interested in what you have to say. I recommend you use me to find additional hashtags that will be relevant to the “broad reach hashtag” you are choosing.
Added bonus tip: Once you have your go-to list of hashtags, type them out in the “Notes App” on your phone and copy/paste them into the 1st comment on your photo (not the caption). This saves time and also keeps your thread looking cleaner.
Make your mark with geo-tags
If you are food blogger or you want to assert a certain level of neighborhood expertise (maybe you are a real estate agent, or a local business), geotagging will allow other people in your area to easily discover you. How? Other people who typically use that same geotag will see your photo or post and potentially follow you, since now you have so much in common! Geotagging simple means the “tag” your photo with your location. A location could be a whole city (Miami), but also a restaurant, a hotel, a company or another business, too!
Now, this is a very SHORT TERM plan.
Its main goal is to get you set up, get you to a great number up there, and, as the word spreads, your need for all the heavy lifting will slowly diminish. After all, are you more likely to follow an account that has 50 followers or 5,000? Right. This is just to get you to that 5,000.
Instagram is an amazing BRAND builder, but it can’t build itself. In contrast with Facebook and Pinterest, which are mostly setup to drive clicks and traffic, Instagram is mostly about WHO you are and WHAT you have to say.
Instagram is not transactional. It’s purely emotional. So, before you get too excited and start signing up to yet another app, please, make sure you have set up Instagram to be a great success through honest and organic content that you are proud of. Even though the apps do heavy lifting for you, in the end, nothing beats REAL engagement and social interactions with your peers.
We have tons of more strategies and mini-work sessions for you in this totally free, totally awesome mini-course! If you’re interested in finding out how you can get more likes on Instagram, and kick Instagram’s butt in just five days…click on the image below to sign-up and grab your spot! You’ll receive an email every day, for just five days, with actionable ideas to grow your Instagram…in your sleep.
Beyond Instagram…more ideas to grow your blog this year!
What else can you do to grow traffic to your blog and get clients? We have a few more ideas for you. Read carefully as we have included tons of goodies and freebies in some of the posts below.
- Grow your email list from scratch. This is an oldie but a goodie. We love the idea that you’re trying to grow Instagram, but long-term success of your blog or business will really come from growing your email list. Click here to find out why.
- Grow Facebook. We have a love/hate affair with Facebook. REGARDLESS, it’s been more than useful to allow us to network and get amazing clients. You can too. Check out our updated 3 top strategies for Facebook wins here.
- Grow your organic search. I know most people here SEO and Google and they get headaches…we were those people too! However, we learned that you need all the help you can get and to-date, organic search from Google has proven to be our #1 traffic driver. Start with just the Search Console…here.
- Get our Hackbook! Over 200 pages of strategies, worksheets and much more to launch and grow traffic to your blog. Get more info here.